We are hiring a Manager for Prime Angel!
Who we are?
01 Hotels & Hostels is a well established company which operates homely backpacker hostels and hotels across the UK. There are three operating sites located in London, Bournemouth and Exeter.
We are more than just a place to sleep. We are a place to explore, to be inspired, to share, to make new friends, and to enjoy. We foster a community that values generosity of spirit, discovery, shared experiences and most importantly, food!
Currently, we are seeking to find a Hostel Manager for our London site, which trades as ‘Prime Backpackers Angel’ and has capacity for about 100 beds, arranged in private and dormitory rooms.
It operates all year round, but is particularly busy in the autumn and at weekends. Our ethos is all about getting people to share their experience over food, and encouraging people to explore both the exciting fast paced life of London, along with the more hidden parts.
Prime Backpackers is a Hen and Stag free zone, and attracts people who wish to stay in a relaxed hostel with a large modern kitchen, a lounge, and a tv room.
You will be the ideal candidate for this role if you have experience in the hospitality industry, preferably within a busy hostel in a capital city. Due to its size, this role would also be suitable for a couple who would be happy to split some of the shifts between them.
Who we are looking for?
- A strong facilitator
- Able to deal with potential conflict situations in a calm, constructive and professional manner, whilst maintaining a positive vibe in the hostel as well as motivated team
- A good role model for the whole team working in the hostel, and already have experience managing others. Someone who knows what needs to be done in the case of emergency, and have some knowledge of first aid, fire safety, and DIY.
- Charismatic, empathetic and patient – a people person with a strong customer service ethos
- Understand how important it is to keep the hostel clean and tidy, and expect to contribute to this objective by lending a hand with the cleaning yourself
- Comfortable using technology and social media – Prime uses an electronic booking system which is easy to master with the right training
- Able to speak, understand and write English fluently (ideally also speak another language or two)
- Responsible and trustworthy
- Able to work un-supervised, focus on priorities and work issues through to a successful resolution. This is a very hands on role and you will be keen to do your share and more.
In return we will provide newly refurbished private staff accommodation within the building, a good salary, and paid holiday. We are open to this role being shared by a couple.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary, with annual bonuses depending on performance
- Room to bring in your thoughts, ideas, and personality
- Private accommodation (with kitchen and private bathroom) in the building
- High speed Wifi throughout the whole place
- A FAMILY and a home away from home!
- Exciting challenges and fun
- Environment to learn, and improve existing and develop new skills
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £20,000.00 / year
Experience: Hostel management: 2 years (Required)
Language: English (Required)
How to apply?
Please email your CV to our Hostel Group Manager Leo – firstname.lastname@example.org.Back to All posts.