We are excited to announce that we are now open for group bookings!*
We really can not wait to welcome you all back and whilst observing stringent safety measures, we aim to create the same welcoming and relaxing atmosphere that we always strive to deliver.
7 steps to create a new normal at Prime Backpackers
1. Guidance and best practice
We are following all government guidelines and have been actively reviewing industry best practice. Once confirmed, we will complete all necessary assessments and certification to validate our policies to government standards.
In the mean time we have carried out our own detailed risk assessment, highlighting additional hazards that COVID-19 brings into our hostel. There will still be risk, as there is in most elements of life, however we have done our best to mitigate these additional risks where possible.
2. Key principles
We will be applying the following principles to everything we do;
- Keep appropriate social distance (unless you are part of the same house hold bubble)
- Frequent hand washing
- Staff and guests to ‘stay alert’ and follow NHS/government current advice
3. Our teams, supply chain and partners
We will ensure that everyone involved in our business is fully aware of and committed to our ethos.
- Every team member will be trained in new health and hygiene related procedures and their responsibility to guests and colleagues
- New policies and processes have already been implemented, so we are prepared for our teams to return to work
- We’ll take all reasonable steps to follow the government’s Covid-19 Secure Workplace Guidelines
- We are communicating with key suppliers and partners, to ensure that their policies and systems relating to health and hygiene meet our high standards
We’ll share as much information as possible to provide assurance and transparency;
- We will update all our pre-arrival email communications to provide additional information relating to health and hygiene
- We will call all guests five days before arrival to complete a simple ‘Health Check’ and confirm the details of their booking and stay
As a hospitality business, we already had very robust cleaning processes. However, a new risk-based approach to cleaning will be implemented and all team members will be trained accordingly.
Hand sanitiser will be available and visible at several points across the hostel, both for team members and guests.
6. Social distancing
We will maximise our communal and outdoor areas to create more space for guests. We ask guests and staff to keep a safe distance wherever possible, as a matter of personal responsibility to keep our environment a safe zone for everyone. We firmly believe this needs to be a joint effort between our team and our guests, so we urge you to use maximum common sense to play your part in keeping everyone safe. In return we will be doing the same for you.
7. New processes to increase efficiency
We have revisited our key processes to focus on the elements which will reduce bottle necks in the hostel. These include;
- Staggering check-in and check-out times
- Taking card payments only. We will no longer accept cash.
*Please note that at present, our private rooms and dorm rooms are only available for bookings of travellers from the same household.
We looking forward to welcoming you back!Back to All posts.